11 February 2010

Guest Post: Reflections from Grandma Martha






Sarah’s blog friends –

I am making a guest appearance here. I am Sarah’s Mama here from Portland, Oregon to see my baby’s baby, Maceo. I met him when he was only a few hours old on a Saturday night, but since his arrival was several weeks late, I nearly missed seeing him at all since my ticket to fly was on Sunday (after I had changed it once before). Of course I have kept close track of him with Sarah and Craig via email, phone and photos since then; however, the sweet, warm, damp, physical presence of a baby exceeds all other forms of communication. Of course, I have my own bias, but I have lived and seen a lot and I will testify that Maceo is as beautiful, engaging, and amazing a baby as I have ever/or will ever see. (Unless, of course, he has a sibling)

I have really enjoyed this time and am grateful to Sarah and Craig for being so generous in sharing him. I am proud of them as parents. I am also very pleased that they have marvelous and supportive friends with whom to share parental joys and frustrations. I am delighted that Sarah has a circle of ‘crafty’ friends to play with.

Below are some photos of my visit. The photo with the two ladies is of Maceo's two grandmas - Grandma Martha (in the navy) and Grandma Judy. I shall return…soon.
Martha P.

P.S. Anyone coming to Portland should get in contact with me via Sarah. I would love to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment