18 April 2010

Bring on the Rice Cereal





Just one day shy of Maceo's official four month birthday (I am never sure how you are supposed to be measuring time at this point - he is nearly 18 weeks old but his birth anniversary is April 19th? ) we ventured into the land of rice cereal. The photos don't quite capture the looks of bewilderment/indifference that were on his face as he encountered and then attempted to eat the cereal. I have been operating on the general rule that so long as he does not cry or shriek, things are ok. With this standard in mind, he tolerated the cereal - occasionally making a grimace but then promptly wiggling his legs ferociously and clasping his hands when the "bite" was done. I took the wiggling motions as "more please". And so we essentially "ate" - I use this term liberally - about a tablespoon of the cereal. I think we will try again tomorrow and see if there is a more definitive reaction one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment