13 May 2010

Guest Post from Grandma Martha


What a wonderful visit! It encompassed both Mother’s Day and Sarah’s birthday which seemed very interrelated this year: her first Mother’s Day and her birthday which is always an opportunity for me to reflect on how her existence has shaped and transformed my life. And my first ‘Grandmother’s’ Day which celebrated my darling Maceo. What a wonderfully bright, alert, strong and engaging baby. The many photos on this blog demonstrate his personality. I shall very much miss our morning snuggles in bed, feeding him his cereal, taking walks with him and his mama, reading to him and all the jiggles and giggles along the way.

I am very impressed with the grace and confidence with which Sarah and Craig are managing parenthood. Maceo is one lucky baby to experience so much love seasoned with patience and common sense. What a beautiful family. I am so lucky to be part of the experience.

I’m so lucky that the next chapter will take place in Portland when Sarah, Craig and Maceo come to visit me in July. Something to look forward to!

Love, Grandma Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment