18 June 2010

Upholstery Update






Some recent shots of the progress I have been making in my upholstery class...I keep forgetting to take my camera to class so I don't have any documentation of the the "internal" work that went on. Even if I did, it would not really be a good representation of all the various steps I completed to shore up the infrastructure as many were quite small, painstaking and invisible to the naked eye.

Choosing a fabric was excruciating, but I waited until the very last possible second so I had to make the choice last Saturday. I bought that fabric at a store called Zimman's in Lynn, MA.

For those of you that have ANY interest in fabric, this place is nirvana. Truth be told, I couldn't actually make the choice between two fabrics while I was at the store so I bought them both. The one I did not go with for the rocking chair is going to turn into four cushions for the chairs in the dining room. At least that is what I am telling myself. While I doubt I would have selected this fabric for any other project, my goal was to find something that was traditional enough to work on a Victorian rocking chair but still retained some funk/flair. The color is what really sealed the deal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment