09 August 2010

Final Product: Upholstery Project

This entry is very tardy, but I realized that I never posted the final photos of my re-upholstery project. Overall, I love the chair. My only two regrets are 1) the repeat of the fabric was a bit large so I think some of the "drama" of the print is lost because you can't see the pattern in repeat, and 2) the chair REALLY goes with nothing - and I mean nothing - in our house. As you can see from the close-up photo of the back of the chair, I am especially pleased that the covered buttons were able to perfectly integrate into the pattern. It was actually not at all hard to do, but somehow it makes it seem very professional!

It is a great piece of furniture that one day will look nice in a [maybe even our] living room, but not until we distribute the lipstick red chairs, mandarin orange/tomato red rug, and grey-blue sofa that currently make up our living room decor. Since our condo is 1,100 square feet, there is not a lot of space for rearranging. In the meantime, it is sitting in the dining room to be admired and occasionally sat in.




2 comments:

  1. Love! Sarah, it's gorgeous. And I love the quilt, too. You are quite the crafty mama!

    ReplyDelete