02 February 2011

Back in Action





Nothing major to report yet, but I am in the process of making two new quilts. I've been feeling somewhat stalled in the creativity department, so breaking the inertia was awesome. Given the current weather, I figure I should try and use this forced nesting to get something fun and satisfying done versus lamenting all the things I can't do.

I am still essentially designing the quilts as I go versus using a pattern (although I did consult a couple books this afternoon). I'm really trying to use fabrics I have acquired over time...the ones that were just too amazing to pass up but were purchased with no project in mind...hence a massive plastic tub of fabric that is taking up 25% of a storage closet. The downside of this haphazard method is that I never have exactly what I need to complete the project, so I did have to breakdown and place a stealth fabric.com order. More photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment