12 March 2011

Art Appreciation Lesson

Ok, this REALLY is the last post about art...I just can't resist because the photos are so great. In case anyone is getting nervous, I don't really think Maceo is an artistic prodigy.


"So I was attempting a balance of color and texture and energy in this piece. For me, it evokes the beginning of Spring - rebirth, new beginnings, a bunch of snacks strewn across the floor."


"I mean, even the back of this piece gets me fired up."


"It is subtle at first, growing in complexity, and then 'BANG' - it is so full of energy! Do you see it?"


"Now can you appreciate my approach to color and texture in this section? Right here, in the application of the terracotta glaze?"


"This really is one of the most moving pieces in my Spring series. I'm looking forward to sustaining this energy in future work."

No comments:

Post a Comment