25 May 2011

A Wild Ride

Yesterday was Craig's birthday and we had a great afternoon and evening.

The fun started at the zoo with a bunch of "rides" as well as lots of animals. Maceo was determined to ride the cars, and only after buying my ride tokens (and I might add a spendy ride at $3) did I discover that nobody over 100 lbs. was allowed in the cars. That clearly ruled me out as the passenger in Maceo's car. Thankfully, the cars did have serious lap-belts, so I buckled Maceo in, confirmed with the operator that he would stop the ride and let me rescue him if he started to cry, and stepped outside the gates. I had no idea what Maceo's reaction would be. He looked a bit tentative as I walked away from him, but as soon as the cars started whirling around it was clear he didn't need me. As you can see from the photos, he had a blast and seemed to be quite impressed with the speed (note the sucked-in cheeks indicating major speed) and even got brave enough at the end to go for the classic, "look ma, no hands!" pose.





No comments:

Post a Comment